13262538

My daughter had her 4 children removed by the local

My daughter had her 4 children removed by the local authorities in December 2015, two of my grandchildren aged 10 and 6 have lived with me and the final hearing iis on the 19th of September for an SGO. All reports back on myself are positive and it's looking that this should go through without any problem. However the two youngest children aged 1 and 3 were placed with foster carers,for around 3 mths. They then had to be removed because of something to do with the foster carers. The children then moved to there current foster carers and have thrived ever since. Both children are extremely happy and settled. The foster carers have approached social services to ask for a special guardianship as it turns out the foster carer was friends with my eldest daughter due to there children attending the same dance school. Social services have told the foster carers that even if a member of the family came forward the children would be put up for adoptions. Surely this cannot be right as all 4 siblings have regular contact with each other and all parties excluding social services are more than happy with the situation. Please can you advise the best way to deal with this.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What contact do the children have with their parents?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The two children who live with me have contact once a week. The two youngest have contact 3 X weekly with parents.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

What does the guardian say?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As far as I'm aware she isn't aware of the foster carer coming forward for an SGO..Do we need to contact her ?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

It is her report that will be the important one so yes she should be contacted.

In addition the solicitors acting for the parents should insist on a viability study being done as this will a way of keeping the family together in a way

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank You I'll speak to the guardian tomorrow.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

You may also get some help from the Family Rights Group

www.frg.org.uk