Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband has had an affair, we have two small toddlers. He

Customer Question

My husband has had an affair, we have two small toddlers. He is declaring that he will not pay the mortgage in which is in both our names and utility bills. My family have said they will help me for the time being but if I continue to pay the mortgage and when it comes to getting a divorce does this mean he will get half, bearing in mind he won't be paying the mortgage. We bought our home two years ago. Please could you give me dome advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My family helped towards us getting a mortgage and that's all evidenced, but I just want to know if I'm going back to work my family are supporting me and my two children paying my mortgage then when it comes to selling my home he then gets half of the house is this correct?? If he is not even paying for mortgage? Before hand he did we payed our bills together and mortgage.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-What are the proposed arrangements for the children?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?
-What is the value of the property, and what is the outstanding mortgage?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.