13262538

I am currently going through a private family law case. I

I am currently going through a private family law case. I have been ordered by the Court to take part in a parenting programme. Specifically the order states;“The father shall complete a parenting programme and shall produce a report to the court confirming his attendance, completion and, if practicable, engagement on that programme by 4pm on 5 August 2016.”The order states I must file this with the court but not that I must serve it to the other side. I am in two minds as to whether or not I should;1. WHY NOT TO SHARE THIS REPORT: I haven't yet been able to complete an "in-person" programme, which this report makes clear in its note that I'll be doing one in September (after the upcoming hearing). Doubtless my ex-partner/her representatives will pick up on this and use it against me in court. In particular I fear them attempting to use this as a reason to not make a final order at the upcoming final hearing. For this reason I am reluctant to pass on this report as it will give them more time to prepare their argument on this.2. WHY TO SHARE THIS REPORT: My ex-partner/her solicitor frequently insinuates that I am somehow not following proper process with the ongoing proceedings or am somehow deliberately being obstructive. I refute this. Regardless, my ex-partner failing to see this before the hearing, only for me to find the court wishes them to see it, could count against me as a reason for my ex-partner's representatives to claim they need time to consider this.Do you advise sharing this report with my ex-partner's solicitor?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for yoir question. As the court has directed for this work to take place they will unlikely make a final decision if this remains outstanding and it will more likely than not be raised by your opponent as necessary evidence in order for the court to be fully informed when making a final decision.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Send it in to the court and send a copy to the other side

There are no extra arguments they can prepare

You have done your best and that is what matters

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years