13262538

If a married couple decide to separate with a view to

If a married couple decide to separate with a view to getting divorced after two years, is any arrangement that they make at this time prejudice the case for settlement after divorce

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you mean will any agreement be valid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter and son-in-law are splitting up. They have agreed that she can stay in the house and she will pay the bills. Clearly there are a lot of loose ends and I am wondering that when they finally do get a divorce whether this 'loose arrangement' could prevent her from getting a better settlement at that time.
Their understanding is that after a two year period of separation a divorce will be granted automatically
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The arrangements made at this time do not mean that there cannot be a further claim within the eventual divorce proceedings.

Only where there is a formal Separation Agreement setting out the financial arrangements could that be a risk - and even then it would not necessarily be binding. if the ocurt di s not beleive that it was fair.

I am happy to speak with you - but the site does charge more for a telephone call.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details