13262538

If a married couple decide to separate with a view to

If a married couple decide to separate with a view to getting divorced after two years, is any arrangement that they make at this time prejudice the case for settlement after divorce
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you mean will any agreement be valid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter and son-in-law are splitting up. They have agreed that she can stay in the house and she will pay the bills. Clearly there are a lot of loose ends and I am wondering that when they finally do get a divorce whether this 'loose arrangement' could prevent her from getting a better settlement at that time.
Their understanding is that after a two year period of separation a divorce will be granted automatically
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The arrangements made at this time do not mean that there cannot be a further claim within the eventual divorce proceedings.

Only where there is a formal Separation Agreement setting out the financial arrangements could that be a risk - and even then it would not necessarily be binding. if the ocurt di s not beleive that it was fair.

I am happy to speak with you - but the site does charge more for a telephone call.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details