13262538

Subject: - parental rights for separated parents of a child

Subject: - parental rights for separated parents of a child under 2 years old.
Can the mother of the child take the child away on holiday abroad to Eastern Europe for 4 weeks maximum against the father's wishes?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Is the father named on the Birth Certificates and are there any Court orders in existance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am enquiring on behalf of a friend. As far as I'm aware, the father is named on the child's birth certificate and there are no existing Court Orders
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Why does the father object

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For no particular reason other than being difficult. However, one could also assume he will say he's afraid the mother will not come back with the child.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you still there?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Legally neither parent can take the child out of the Uk without the agreement of the other party or an Order from the Court.

The father can apply to the courts for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the trip - although he will have to give a good reason for his objection

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your clarification of this matter. It is very helpful. I will inform my friend, and hopefully she and the child's fayher can come to an amicable compromise.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I hope all goes well