Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I hope you may be able to give me some advice regarding a

Customer Question

Hi, i hope you may be able to give me some advice regarding a house i still have a interest in
I am separated now for 8 years, in 2007 we moved into a new house, it cost £295,000 and we took out a repayment mortgage on it for £195,000, in 2008 i moved out, have been renting ever since, at the time, my youngest was 13, all my children are all now working, two of my children still live in the house with her, when i first moved out, i continued to pay the full mortgage, but i stopped after about 18 months after she moved her new man into the house, communications with her broke down a short time afterwards, my questions are below
I have just found out she has placed the house on the market for £550,000, we did have a joint mortgage, i don’t know if i am still on it, i have checked land registry and we are both still named on that, can she sell without my knowledge or permission ?
Also, would you know what amount of the equity i may be entitled to now, as i stopped paying any of it after the new man moved in,
I hope i have given you all the info you may require
Yours Sincerely
Mr R Stedman
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-Are/were you married, if so for how long?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?
-What is the outstanding mortgage now?

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.