Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

In Uk Family Courts is it compulsory for a trial to be

Customer Question

In Uk Family Courts is it compulsory for a trial bundle to be provided by applicant if they have legal representation for a contested final hearing?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Under family Procedure Rules, they only have to provide a copy of the index to the respondent as by this stage they should have all the documents. However, usually an unrepresented party would usually be provided a copy of a bundle upon payment of reasonable copying charges.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is a trial bundle required as I have received absolutely nothing at present and Final Hearing is meant to be Wednesday. Should I request an adjournment? I don't think a bundle has been produced at all, which doesn't seem right as there are many documents that I wish to include in it.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

If the other party is legally represented they will have an obligation to prepare and file a trial bundle (and serve an index on other parties) usually no later than 4 days prior to the hearing so I would suggest you contact them to see if this is done and if they can provide you a copy.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.