Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I own a property mortgage free which I live in at weekends

I own a property mortgage free which I live in at weekends and my sister lives there permanently. During the week I live in rented accommodation with my partner. Which should I use as my legal address?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. What is the purpose of deciding this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Possibly in the future, mortgaging the house
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I don't know why this is family law, I thought I clicked on property law, apologies
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

That's fine. However, whichever you disclose as your main residence will not impact mortgaging the home as you have a legal interest in the home as you own it.

It is usual for your main residence to be the place where your utility bills are registered to and to which you are registered on the electoral register.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.