Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor
28732269

Age 55 Yrs. I want to settle in UK with my family. What

Customer Question

I am Pakistan National Age 55 Yrs. I want to settle in UK with my family. What Options Do I have?
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

What nationality is your wife please?

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pakistan
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your reply.

I assume that you do not have access to £200, 000.00 gbp for the purpose of investment in a UK business.

Therefore the most likely visa that you would have to apply for if you wished to come to the UK to work would be a Tier 2 general visa:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview

This is a visa whereby you are offered a job by an employer who is licened to sponsor migrants to come to the UK to work.

The job would normally have to be on the jobs in shortage occupation list:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/486107/Shortage_Occupation_List_-_November_2015.pdf

If the job was not on that list then the employer would have to show that it can pass the "resident labour test" in that there are no members of the UK resident workforce willing and able to fill the role at the salary offered.

If you are able to secure such a job offer then you would also have to check that you meet the eligibility criterai:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility

If you did then you could apply for this visa and could come to the UK to work in the role and then eventually apply for "indefinite leave to remain" after 5 yeasr on this visa so that you could stay permanently without applying for any more visas.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do have an access over 200,000 GBP. I have over 20 yrs experience of running industrial and rigging hardware supply business independently. I enjoy knowledge and reputation with worldwide manufacturers in above mentioned field and I am fully capble of setting up business of international standard in any suitable part of United Kingdom.
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

If you have more than £200,000 available for investment into a UK business, which you will then run then this opens up another Visa option for you.

The Visa option that you could potentially apply for is a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. This is where you propose to invest £200,000 in a business plan which you have devised for a Company which will trade in the UK.

Although this is obviously your money at risk this is a suitable Visa option for you and it does lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years or potentially three if business has gone well and you have employed a number of resident labour force to work in the business.

The link for this is here:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/overview

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How can I prceed tier 1 enterpreneur visa. Will you recomend me a lawyer how can proceed with my requirements
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

You need to instruct a UK solicitor practising immigration law to guide you through the process. I cannot give recommendations under the conditions of this site unfortunately.

Tom