Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I was Poa for my mum who passed away today, I understand

I was Poa for my mum who passed away today, I understand that my LPA for health and for finances ends on her death. Mum didn't leave a Will, I am the eldest of her three daughters. What happens now? Will I need to provide accounts details to the solicitor who is appointed to administer mum's estate?
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am sorry for your loss. The position is that details of your mum's assets and any liabilities should be provided to the solicitor chosen not wind up the estate. As there is no will there is no executor so an application to the court for an administrator to be appointed. That can be any one of you or your sisters. Assuming there is no issue between you, it doesn't matter which. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.