13262538

Me and my husband look to split up.So I get as little money

Me and my husband look to split up.So I get as little money as possible he is going to give all our saving pot to our growing children.Can he do this
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Arising out of the marriage ypu are entitled to seek financial relief from him. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-How old are the children and proposed arrangements for them?
-What assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

If your husband tries to do this then he will be very disappointed.

The Family Court has very wide discretion and they can either give you a larger share of any assets that are joint (the house maybe) or even Order that the money is recovered.

The starting point for dividing the assets from a long marriage( including any previous cohabitation) is 50/50 - and the court will ensure that any assets he has disposed of will be included in the calculations.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am 57 he is 62 I am retired we have been married 34 years the youngest is 29the eldest 33.I stupidly have let him deal I have know ideas of hi our Issas I do know he has just been given a golden hand shaikh of over two hundred thousand pons and numerous pensios
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Please do not worry - the Court will ensure that if he attempts to do this you will NOT loose out.

Even if the Matrimonial home is not valuable enough to compensate they can make a Pension Sharing Order as well to give you your share (and more if appropriate) of his pensions

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years