13262538

My cousin came to the UK a few months ago on a spouse visa.

Customer Question

My cousin came to the UK a few months ago on a spouse visa. She is experiencing domestic abuse and wishes to leave the relationship ie divorce. She married in Sudan under Sharia law. What would her immigration status be in the UK if she were to divorce her husband under Sharia law or civil law?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information to fully assist you:

-Is she in England or wales?

-How long has she been here for?

-Do they have children together, if so what are their ages?

-How long have they been married?

-Where did they get married?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

There are special immigration provisions in place for spouses who are subject to Domestic Violence and she will not necessarily be forced to leave if her marriage ends

She can read more here

http://rightsofwomen.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Domestic-violence-immigration-law-and-no-recourse-to-public-funds-.pdf

Alternatively she can contact this Charity

http://www.karmanirvana.org.uk/helpline/

who will give her assistance

Please ask if you need further details