Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have lived with my partner for 16 years, single sex

I have lived with my partner for 16 years, single sex relationship. We are not 'married' and do not have a Civil Partnership, we live in rented accommodation and share living costs although I have funded more. The relationship is coming to an end.
Would he have any claim on me for any financial support in the future?

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are not married or in a civil partnership he will have no claim for financial relief from you arising out of the relationship.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.