Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have lived with my partner for 16 years, single sex

I have lived with my partner for 16 years, single sex relationship. We are not 'married' and do not have a Civil Partnership, we live in rented accommodation and share living costs although I have funded more. The relationship is coming to an end.
Would he have any claim on me for any financial support in the future?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are not married or in a civil partnership he will have no claim for financial relief from you arising out of the relationship.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.