Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I found out I'm pregnant. My partner has now left me and

I found out I'm pregnant . My partner has now left me and wants nothing to do with the baby. Can I still get him to support the child even though he is refusing to be on the birth certificate.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. When the child is born you will be able to pursue an application for child maintenance through the Child Maintenance Service. This amount will be calculated based on his gross income. You can see more information on this here: https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/overview and you should consider pursuing this when your child is born.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.