Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner as just left me, I own the house and pay all the

My partner as just left me, I own the house and pay all the bills, we have a ten year old daughter together, as she got a claim of the house ?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information require to fully assist you:

-Are/were you married to the mother?

-What are the proposed arrangements for your daughter?

-What is the mother's financial position (assets and income)?

-Is the mother's name on the title of the property and are there any formal agreements with her?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have never been married to the mother,
Joint custody, I will support my daughter
No assets, little income
The mothers name is ***** ***** the title and there is no formal agreement
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. The mother has no legal interest or automatic right to the property given that you are not married and her name is ***** ***** the title. However, If she is unable to find suitable accommodation for the benefit of the child she may be entitled to make an application to court for you to provide this depending on your financial situation. This will likely be limited if the home is your only asset and you have no recourse to provide this home, as well as maintain yourself separately.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.