Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a contact agreement in place from court that is two

I have a contact agreement in place from court that is two years old and on it there is a restriction saying that the vosits have to be supervised by my parents or my sister/sister-in-laws. How long does a supervision order stay part of the contact order as it does not have a time period stated? Will i have to go back to court to change this as my daughter's mother still refuses to let me have unsupervised contact with what i think is no good reason! Supervised was because i have suffered with depression on and off for 20 years. My daughter is 5 now. Thankyou,
Mr. Steve Pugh.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. From the information you have provided as there is no provision in the order for contact to move on to unsupervised, there is no time limit to this. However, you would be entitled to apply to court to vary the order using form C100 and a £215 court fee.

Initially you must attend a mediation information session (MIAM) to see if mediation is suitable. You can find local ones here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk. The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court as outlined above.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou for your answer, i thought a supervision order only lasted 12 months before my ex would have to re apply with good reason and it could only be for a maximum of 2 more years, or is that a different supervision order?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Are you able to attach the order using the paperclip icon?

For your information a Supervision Order is different to a child arrangement order with a provision for supervised contact.