13262538

I have signed a consent order for child maintenance back in

I have signed a consent order for child maintenance back in 2003 to continue paying beyond 18 to 21 condition my daughter continues education. she is now 18 and moves to university away from home. her mother doesn't not pass on any of the significant maintenance money to her. Can I make the payments direct to my daughter now she is 18 to fund her education? what can I do to enforce that these monies are used for my daughter not for my ex wife to pay for her expensive golf club membership and personal gifts. note I stopped paying my ex wife maintenance some 10 years ago when she moved in with a new partner. this only relates to child maintenance.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please could you attach a copy of the consent order here using the paperclip icon?

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that in order to make this change you will either need the agreement of your ex - or you will have to apply to the Court for permission to do this.

It may help if you discuss it with your daughter first as she may be able to bring some pressure to bear.

If you decide not to make the application then you cannot ask her to account for her spending - but your daughter can - inso far as if her mother does not fund her then she can apply to the court for maintenance

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years