Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex partner lodged an appeal against the magistrates

Customer Question

My ex partner lodged an appeal against the magistrates decision with regards ***** ***** of our child. Despite us verbally agreeing the issues between us, she has not closed the appeal and is now making my contact difficult. is this a breach of the order and is she in contempt of court by not closing the appeal?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. What do you mean by closing the appeal? Is there still a hearing listed regarding the appeal and on what grounds was the appeal sought?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An appeal was lodged by the her solicitors and as far as I know, no further action has been taken. The appeal seems to have been left hanging in mid air. The appeal was made with regards ***** ***** details of summer holiday contact.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

The appeal cannot just be left hanging in the air and the court must first give permission to appeal, and if permission is granted then the appeal proceeds with tight time limits for this to be dealt with. In the meantime, and until an appeal has been dealt with the previous court order will remain in place and you would be best advised to seek confirmation from her solicitors about the status of their application.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.,

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.