13262538

I am a British Dependent territory citizen living in the

I am a British Dependent territory citizen living in the Caribbean island of Montserrat. I married a Zimbabwean in Montserrat. She traveled to the UK in August 2015 to have our baby and has since applied for and received Refugee status without my knowledge and consent. She bragged to me about it and sent an image of the card she received on 3 August 2016. Is this legal and since she obviously does not want this marriage anymore, can it be annulled based on that fact that I believe she was only in this marriage for the convenience of getting to the UK and used me to get there? Or can I begin divorce proceedings against her in the UK or should it be initiated in Montserrat?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** i shall do my best to help you

There is no basis on which you can seek an annulment here in the UK

However you can issue a Divorce Petition in the Uk based on the Unreasonable Behaviour of your ex.

Please ask if you need further details