Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am from Yemen and my husband is English, we have been

hi there, I am from Yemen and my husband is English, we have been living together for since 2007 and got married three years ago and have a 6 years old son, we live now in Greece for the last 5 years and in Dubai before that. i want to divorce but I don't want o go to a Greek court as we don't speak Greek , is there a way to divorce in the UK
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately you will only be able to pursue a divorce if either of you live in England or Wales. If neither of you live in England, the courts will not accept jurisdiction for an application for divorce.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for but if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.