Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Have grandparents and great grandparents any right of access

have grandparents and great grandparents any right of access to their great-grandchildren
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately neither has any automatic rights to see their grandchildrenand this should usually be agreed between the family and in the event that no agreement can be reached they would be entitled to iniitally seek permission to apply to court and if permission is granted for there to be proceedings for a child arrangement order - this can be done using form C100 and a £215 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.