13262538

My partner and i have been together 13 yrs. We are aged 65

My partner and i have been together 13 yrs. We are aged 65 and 75 respectively. We own our home jointly but have are financially separate and have separate wills leaving our monies to our own respective children. We intend to make an Enduring Power of Attorney each stating our partner and one other(being each other's own daughter) so again we are separate. My question is have we covered all future problems by not being married.
If we were to marry would we be any better off?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the extent of your respective estates (roughly)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure but house is worth approx £450000 and I could probably find another £150000 cash in total. My partner could probably be about £400000.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

It is a Lasting, rather than Enduring, Power of Attorney you need to prepare - and you may wish to consider one for Welfare as well as the Financial one.

Given that there are no joint children there is no benefit that a marriage would confirm at this stage!

Please ask if you need further details