Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I've been married 8 years next month together 11 years our

I've been married 8 years next month together 11 years our marital home is owned outright by his father although we have lived here 6 years last year house deeds should of been signed over to us but we never did them. My husband left our home in June of this year and is now in a relationship n co ha hitting with her. What if any are my rights to this house??
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Have you had sight of the title deeds for the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deal Kent England
Not as such but mate eat bank would hold records of wen it should of happened last year.
I have 3 boys to husband and his dad very keen for me to accept £5 grand n move on...
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Before we proceed I would suggest you check the title deed which can be done online here for a fee of £3: https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

Please let me know whose name the property is in and I can continue assisting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Name properly is in is MR TONY BEALES owned outright by himself no mortgage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Is that his father?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the father of my husband Christopher Beales
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have any rights over house or anything??
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. Given that the property is not in your husband's name it will not be considered a matrimonial asset. You therefore have no automatic rights or a legal interest in the property. However, if you have a formal agreement or have made any significant contributions to the property you would be entitled to make a claim to your local county court using form N1 and a £355 court fee against the father.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.