13262538

Before I married my husband I had to sign an agreement

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** married my husband I had to sign an agreement saying I had no claim on the mortgage he was taking out. As did his parents who put a £30.000 deposit down.
We have since married and have been married for 5 years.
He has unfortunately broke my trust in a way that isblookingnlikr we will separate.
What I need to know is do I have any claim on the house if he decides to sell it?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Please do not worry - the form you signed was about the rights of the Mortgage company and nothing else.

You are still entitled to a share of the Matrimonial Home in the event of a divorce.

You shoudl however register your matrimonial home rights.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I do this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The form is here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545433/HR1.pdf