Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My sister has a court order in place that she has her two

Hi my sister has a court order in place that she has her two children on her wedding day from 9am-9pm which is tomorrow sat 20th August but her former partner is saying that she had bad mouthed him in front of the kids this isn't true and just a reason to give why he will not let them go. Is there any way or what can we do to make sure the court order is kept in place ?? Thank You
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. The court order will most likely have a warning notice attached to it and he should be informed that if he does not comply with the terms of the order then there are enforcement options against him. I appreciate that there is very little time to deal with this, and if she wishes to return the matter to court for enforcement due to the threat she must do so this afternoon on an urgent basis using form c79 and a £155 court fee.

If he does not comply with the order tomorrow, then she can consider applying for enforcement next week and the court will consider whether it is reasonable to issue a fine or imprisonment.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.