Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have lost a contested non molestation case and the non

Customer Question

Hi I have lost a contested non molestation case and the non molestation order was cancelled. The reasons magistrates gave for their decision were biased and were a copy of what my ex had stated in the court room. I want to know how to protect my son now the nonmolestation order is cancelled.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old is the child?

-What are the current arrangements for the child?

-What are your concerns regarding the child?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi thanks for your reply My son is 6 years old and has special needs. Currently he's with me full time but dad is fighting for full custody when the barrister fighting my case yesterday (which I lost as I couldn't prove my allegations of violence against him) had a word with him.
My concerns are mainly that as a nonmolestation order is in place dad might try to force me to let him see him whereas I feel the meeting arrangement should be supervised. How do I raise my concerns to as cafcass has produced a report that is in my sons best interests but wont the nonmol dissolution change everything for cafcass now as they indicated they are relying on the court to decide my sons future. I still standby my allegations although court wasn't satisfied but I know they are true.
Any advice would be helpful.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. The CAFCASS officer will need to take into account the discharge of the non-molestation order and assess whether there is a risk towards your son and make recommendations as to whether there remains a risk despite the discharge of the non-mol and if it is necessary for contact to be on a supervised basis.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.