How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I'm just starting divorce procedure online. We've been

Customer Question

I'm just starting divorce procedure online. We've been married for 10 years. we went to the bank to take my name off but they won't let me he earns £17500 a year. And the mortgage is £88.000 making payment of £475 per month. I moved in my parents house it two bedroom withe my daughter is 10 and son is 8 I've been offered a council house but need to relinquish myself from the house and hopefully some how take my name off the mortgage. And waver any financial rights. get a court order to remove myself I've got 8 months to do this and probation preirod of 12 months. And my ex wants to stay in the house. And I want him to have sole rights. Also will have to take my name off the deeds.
Please help!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What have the Council said about your interest in the property?

Will you need housing benefit>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is worth £75.000 and £88.000 left on it. I work two jobs at 30 hours per week the housing association said that am not entitled to housing benefits the rent is £406 per month. But my ex has started been funny with me I don't know why I want to sever ties with him and get on with my life. The housing association have calculated that I earn £20.200 a year that's with child tax credits. Working tax child benefit my wage
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Does your husband pay child maintenance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but the kids go to his house after school and he give them their tea and he can doesn't have loads of money left when he has paid everything
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Would you prefer to remain in the matrimonial home with the chidlren if you could afford it?