Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I had contact with Clare in January - is she there please?

Hello,I had contact with Clare in January - is she there please?I've just had my decree nisi through the post, 8th Aug 2016, but sadly my husband died last night. Am I still legally the next of kin? I live in France, and he was in hospital here in France, and therefore there are the French legalities to juggle as well.
Please confirm where I stand when in-between nisi and absolute.Thank you,Briony
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Clare does not appear to be here but I am happy to assist. The Decree Nisi does not mean you are divorced and therefore legally you remain married to him and, subject you there being no will detailing his wishes on such matters, you would be entitled to deal with his affairs.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.