Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Been married for nearly 10 years and got divorced for 19

Customer Question

Been married for nearly 10 years and got divorced for 19 years up to this not into relationships. My query is if I have to go into deed poll at present carrying my ex husbands surname and would to carry my maiden name surname which is Managbanag prior I took the vows of marriage. Would you be able to guide through what's process or it's procedure. Many thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. You can change your name back immediately to your maiden name and be known by this, however, for official purposes (ie. passports and bank accounts etc) they will require something the original marriage certificate and decree absolute. Or can pursue a deed poll application or more easily prepare a statutory declaration for a change of name which can be sworn by a local solicitor and provided to the relevant organisations.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.