Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor
28732269

I have been here in the uk for 1 year. My husband is English

I have been here in the uk for 1 year. My husband is English and have been in a abusive relationship with him. Recently found out he has an affair. I wish to remain in the UK because of my work. What do I need to do to remain here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Have you suffered domestic abuse from your husband/?

Is your employer willing to sponsor you for a visa through your job?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have suffered so much abuse from him. I have police record to show for assault and friends and a priest willing to be a witness from the abuse I had from him until now. I have a friend who owns a business who is willing to sponsor me to work for her
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If you have reported abuse to the police and you have character witnesses then it’s possible that your best option may be to instruct a solicitor to apply now for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of domestic violence.

A foreign national holding a spouse visa can apply for indefinite leave to remain immediately if they have suffered domestic abuse from their UK husbands and can prove this.

The application is quite complicated and you would need evidence in order to prove the violence, which is why the most sensible thing to do would be for you to instruct a local immigration solicitor in person so that they can prepare the application on you and advise you of the specific likelihood of success based on the evidence that you and they prepare together.

You can apply for this even though you have not been in the UK for a long period of time because of the domestic violence.

I would contact a local immigration solicitor and ask for a fixed-fee consultation as soon as possible, they will take your initial instructions and then you can discuss what you both need to do to prepare the application and then submit it.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need 0p
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to leave his flat? He is now accusing me of using him just for a place to stay. I don't know if it's right to leave him and I don't know where to go anyway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help me with a local solicitor. My phone number is *****
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

It would help your case if you did leave the flat, you would probably need to do so in order to make an application for ILR on a domestic violence basis.

However, the first and only thing that you should focus on is seeing a local immigration soliciotr in person for a consultation. You can find immigration solicitors in your area by using:

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Please remember to leave feedback..

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Good luck.