13262538

I am separating from my wife and want to consider mediation

Hi I am separating from my wife and want to consider mediation can you tell me how that works and what I have to do.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Mediation is an excellent way of discussing all the issues arising form the end of a marriage in order to reach an agreement that suits you as a family rather than one which is standardised and decided by the Court.

You and your ex will meet with the mediator - first separately and after that together who will help you give structure and ficus to your discussions.

Any agreement can then be turned into an enforceable court order if that is what you wish

You can find local mediators using this website

www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

Please ask if you need further details