13262538

I have recently split from my marriage of 21 years. I have a

I have recently split from my marriage of 21 years. I have a mortgage in my name and an Army pension. She hasn't lived with me properly for over 2 years in this time I have seen her a hand full of times. I believe she is also having an affair with someone. Will she be entitled to half of everything.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

How long have you been/were you in the army for and are there any children involved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the house for £110000 and have around £100000 left to pay.
I was in the Army for 18years 11 months and took redundancy in 2014
My children are over 18 but one still lives at home with me.

How much is the property worth now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure as not had it valued and I wouldn't expect it to be worth more than what I paid.

What income do you each have

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just need a rough idea at the minute if she is entitled to anything before I go and start the divorce route.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get paid weekly and basic is £390
She earns £1350 per month

I am afraid that the length of the marriage means that a 50/50 division is the starting point for the financial settlement and it is unlikely that the courts would stray far from that in the event of a dispute.

Having said that if you take account of the costs of sale the equity in the property is minimal - so you may manage with just a Pension Sharing Order

I am sorry not to give better news - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well