Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband and I have agreed a financial split through

Customer Question

My husband and I have agreed a financial split through mediation. This is now being drawn up into a consent order confirming both of us are happy under legal advice. When we submit to the court plus decree absolute request are we likely to be questioned or will the court in most cases just approve the agreement without us having to submit anything further?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. It will depend on how complex the finances are and what your settlement is, however so long as it is a fair settlement for both of you and any children it should be fine

In any event if the judge has any queries this will be done in writing to the applicant's solicitors and it is highly unlikely that you will need to attend court.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.