Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I'm going through the last bit of divorce finances. We've

Customer Question

Hi I'm going through the last bit of divorce finances. We've got a house in joint and a flat in his name but was bought when got married. I made an offer of keeping the house and he wants to keep the flat. He left the house in May 2015 we've been separated since. He left all the bills and joint house for me to pay which I'm still paying even now. There are people renting the flat since May 2015 and the money goes to his account. Now I asked for my share of rent and asked him to pay half of the debts which are both ours his refusing want to pay only the loan. Will I be able to get my share from the rent? Can he pay half of the money in the joint house? Can he pay me half of the debts? I tryed mediation but he didnt attend it. Now his solicitor is telling me to get the offer of taking new mortgage and keep the house and will pay half of the loan but nothing about the rent his getting every month and loan debt. Thank you.
Expert:  Harris replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements?
-What is the value of the properties, and are the outstanding mortgages?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.