Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My Daughter has just split up with her husband, they have

My Daughter has just split up with her husband, they have twins. They are sharing custody equally, but in reality her husband works long hours and has moved back home with his Mother and Father, so his Mother is doing all their child are needs. Does that mean my Daughter who is the main carer of them is entitled to maintenance from him?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. To fully assist you please confirm:

-How old the twins are

-His gross salary

-The exact arrangements and how many nights a week they stay with him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Twins are 5 on 30th of this month. His salary is about £30,000 but this includes about £750 for rent, but he is not paying his Mother any rent!
They stay 4 nights one week, and 3 nights the following week at his Mothers house where he is also living.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Are those arrangements consistent throughout the year?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They will be, yes.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. In the circumstances, as he appears not to be dealing with the children's day to day issues and needs due to his work, she would be entitled to claim child maintenance which would be £32 per week based on his gross salary of £30,000, 2 children and them saying with him 175 nights or more on average a year.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.