Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am currently going through a divorce and my wife is not

Customer Question

I am currently going through a divorce and my wife is not letting me see my 2 children she has taken residence in Morocco at the moment.
What can I do?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old are the children?

-Are there any court orders in place, if so what?

-When did she go to Morocco and is this a permanent move?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi HarrisMy children are 3 and 7 at the moment and we are british but I work as a Expat in Dubai my wife has now left and took the children to Morocco for at least a year and has denied me access.
She will file for divorce in the UK in next few weeks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Secondly I have 2 properties in the UK and 1 in Morocco and some land in Morocco.UK properties: 1 is on my name the other is owned by us jointly everything is paid by me
Morocco property : the flat was paid cash by me the land by my wifethe question is how will the assets be split
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-What are the values of the properties, and what is the outstanding mortgage on each?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 46 my wife is 34
We have been married 10 yrs
U
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UK properties are worth 200kand 270k GBP
Moroccan property 60k GBP
Land 120k GBP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My income is around 5000 GBP tax free my wife doesnt work no pensions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only mortgae I have is 79k GBP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry 5000 GBP per month
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Where are you resident and is your wife planning to return to the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now resident in Dubai my wife and children came to Dubai to live with me but decided to move back to Morocco due to our marital issue's.
She will file for divorce in the UK.
She will eventually move back to the UK the timeline I'm not sure about but it will be after spending at least 1 year in Morocco
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Given that she has now returned to Morocco indefinitely and you reside in Dubai, she may not meet the jurisdictional requirements to pursue the divorce in England or Wales.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.