Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I need help

Customer Question

I need help
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm what your issue is so that I may assist.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My wife walk out on me Wednesday and she have stop me having my son tonight I don't know why and I don't know where I stand
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

How old is your son?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
15 month
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. Your son has a right to a relationship with you which can only be reasonably restricted if there are welfare concerns.

In the circumstances I would suggest that you write to her setting out your proposals for contact arrangements between you. If she does not respond or agree, you should make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk). The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the child's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1.The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you harris
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

No worries, I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well do
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
For Harris can she stop me by having him at the weekends or weekday
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Not unless there are child protection or welfare concerns and it must be in his best interests for such to take place

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Harris they come home
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Apologies, I dont understand what you mean