Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

What should I do if I found out that my legal husband got

Customer Question

What should I do if I found out that my legal husband got married with someone else
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales and where you got married?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
From England and got married in Norwich
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My nationality is Lthuanian
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Where did your husband get married again?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We got married in England and not divorced yet and recently he got married with someone else in Albania and refuse to give me a divorce
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Where is he living now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
England
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. Getting married to someone else whilst already married is a crime in the UK.

In the circumstances you would have grounds of unreasonable behaviour to pursue a divorce from him - you can find further details and forms to pursue this here: https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.