Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am looking into a divorce, but have a weird circumstance,

i am looking into a divorce, but have a weird circumstance, we have been seperated 13 years, but we do get on as best mates for my son, unfortunatly 3 years ago he moved back with me and my son in the spare room after suffering a heart attack, we both have disgust divorce and hes happy to do so but i need to know how to go about it.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Did you recommce your relationship when he moved back in or did you remain separated and did not live as husband and wife?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no we have always lived seperate lives in the last 13 years.hes had relationships and so have i and we still live seperate lives now hes more like a house mate.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. In the circumstances you can apply for a divorce under 5 year separation and you will not need his consent. You will need to clearly state in the petition that you live at the same address but totally separate lives. You can find the petition and further information here: https://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorce

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.