13262538

I am wondering whether you are able to give me some advice

Customer Question

Hi, I am wondering whether you are able to give me some advice on child care arrangements ?
Amanda
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have two children, 2 and 5 years. Father left two years ago, we lived together since 2009 but not married. To date, he saw them one night a week and since last year two nights a week. I work full time.We have arranged things between ourselves to date. He is with someone else and this has been for sometime. I have asked is he planning on living with her, long term etc and response has been no. I have said its what is best for the children and to date I have said you have x5 nights to yourself and therefore unless you are committed I don't see the benefit of introducing her. I thought we had agreed this but he has made arrangements and has introduced her with letting me know.I am not comfortable with this and basically can I do anything or do I have have to accept he can introduce who he wants when he wants when my children are with him?Thank you
Amanda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry should read without letting me know
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How long have they actually been together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is vague tbh, 6-12months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is that relevant?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

When the children are in the care of their father it is up to him who they meet and what they do provided he keeps them safe.

It is not unreasonable to ask him not to produce a string of live in girlfriends as this is not safe for them emotionally.

However given they have been together for more than 6 months it is not unreasonable for them to meet her I am afraid.

However if you wish to try and have a clear agreement on these things you can try and arrange to discuss matters with and agree a Parenting Plan using Family mediation

I am sorry not to be able to be more positive about your position - please ask if you need further details