13262538

Can i a contact my ex's solicitor directly?

Customer Question

hi can i a contact my ex's solicitor directly?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Does her solicitor write to you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no. she email me with cc her solicitor's email
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she says her solicitor will contact mine but i dont have one?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Then you can contact her solicitor directly.

What you must not do is stop the child maintenance - the court does not link contact and maintenance and frowns on parents who do

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
brilliant,thank you. Also my son starts to school in september and she saying to me am not allowed to come on his first day at school? its not in his best interest? just to confirm am very close with him and he loves me a lot.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

If you are named on the birth certificate then you have parental responsibility and can attend the school of you wish (just do not let your ex provoke you into causing a scene)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hes got my surname, thats my only worry scene, i will not let her provoke me, just i dont want to turn up there and she calls a police etc..drama.
whats hers responsobilities? does she has a right to stop me seeing my son on a date that previously been agreed to?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

If you wish to have an enforceable order so that your ex cannot prevent you from seeing the child you first need to try and discuss matters with her using Family mediation

www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

and if that fails then apply to the court for a Child Arrangement order

you can read more here

http://theparentconnection.org.uk/

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Clare
i just have been tryin to get in contact with my ex but shes ignoring my calls. i text her am coming round hers to talk. is it ok for me to turn up at her house and knock on her door and ask for a chat?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

No do not turn up there - follow the process of contacting a Family mediator and taking it from there

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok. i didnt.. this is the situation from the past weekend : as previously sended email with the dates from her,when shes asking me to have my son which i agreed.
sun 28th at 6pm till Monday 29th at 6pm,
she texted me sunday morning can i have him earlier,from 3pm which i said SURE i will! she bought him a bike and asked me to pick the bike first and then come back after my son, so i came infront of her house i put the bike in the bsck of my car but i couldn't close the boot door and said to my son to jump in the car in one go... she didnt let him in because wasn't safe for him? so i take off the bike from the car and drove off cos she started to create drama off it and was embarrassing cos there was a neighbours outside.she called me and tried to make me come back .i didn't. next morning i text her can i come to pick up thomas and this is what she replied
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

So Speak to a mediator and make an appointment - and start preparing a court form C100

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/c100-eng.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what bout his first day at school? is still ok to go?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Legally yes - but please be careful

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thank you?what sort of time u online for future contacts?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do i need to inform the school/teacher that am coming?
thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

I am on most days - and no just pop along and see him start school

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi clare.
i got email from my ex that i need to go through solicitor for legal agreement to be drawn up to gain access for my son?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Nonsense - make the mediation appointment as soon as possible

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
domestic violence is involved, while we were lived together she attacked me and she got caution, we been on mediation too?
just went through the link u send me
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Still attend the MIAM

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, but what in meanwhile? i suppose to have my son this friday! i wont see him? what if she refuse MIAM?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

It does not matter if she refuses - simply attend your appointment and make the applictaion to the court if she does not allow contact this week

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok. where are u based? can u represent me?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry - we are not allowed any contact outside this site - but you can in fact deal with the matter yourself

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, no worries. but i will need your help later on if thats ok?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Of course - you just have to ask

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you and buy for now