Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am shortly to go to court as my expartner is applying for

I am shortly to go to court as my expartner is applying for a residents order for our child.
This man has lied on many occasions to other people and the court. We have both prepared statements which have been exchanged and sent to the court. I have now drafted another statement responding to yet more of his false allegations. Should I send this to the court before the first hearing. Is this permissible? Or should I take it with me or wait till the second hearing. Forgive me I don't have a lawyer. My exporter is very wealthy and seeks to destroy me financially if I were to get a lwyer.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. The court will only allow filing of evidence if it is directed and if a response is not directed at this stage you should request for it at the first hearing. This is to prevent parties filing unnecessary evidence or continuously filing responses to each other.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.