ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My ex-husband hasn't provided any of the information we have

My ex-husband hasn't provided any of the information we have asked for i.e. bank statements, his and hi new partners salaries, bank accounts etc. The court deadline was 7th July. The FDR is on the 21st September. He has made no offers of what he wants. My solicitor has chased his twi to no avail. What implications does this have?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that your husband isnt co-operating in the financial proceedings.

The court will expect your husabnd to engage in these proceedings.

If you go to the FDR and he still hasnt supplied the documents then you should instruct your solicitor to seek that he pay the wasted costs of that hearing and also that a penal notice be added to the court order to ensure his compliance in respect of the missing documents. If he then doesnt comply then you can start commital proceedings.

Kind Regards

Caroline

If you have found this service useful please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receiv credit for helping you today

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. What if he and his solicitor leave it to say 2-3 days before and do not give us time to prepare answers?

You can still ask the court for a costs order. It would be up to the Judge as to whether he made such an order. You could ask your solicitor to write to the court and update them as to the difficulties you are experencing with him.

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you that's brilliant. 5 star rating from me. :)

Thank you for your kind words and for using Just Answer. I wish you all the best.