Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If a bank cannot sell a surroundered house and there is

If a bank cannot sell a surroundered house and there is money owed what happens next
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your further question. The bank will make all efforts to sell the repossessed house, even if it means a lower asking price than the market rates. If there remain money owed the bank will seek for the people who took out the mortgage to pay the shortfall.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.