How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

After 12 yrs together the last 4 with me living in my

Resolved Question:

Hello.After 12 yrs together the last 4 with me living in my partners house we have decided to marry.Sorting out financial/inheritence issues seem over whelping. I am still paying a mortgage on my own house in which my daughter and son in law live with their 2 small children.I have an adult son -married who lives partner has 4 children two of whom are adults two are n their teens.My partner has savings and has a very small mortgage.I don't want any of his money.we would keep separate bank accounts etc.It all seems so daunting sorting out these things.we need to see a solicitor but would this be straight forward to sort out!? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are planning to marry and have some assets, it would be sensible to meet with a local solicitor to draw out agreements and wills regarding this - the solicitor can sit down with you both and go through all assets and finances and advise regarding drawing up a will and a potential pre-nuptial agreement if that is sought.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you