Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

After 12 yrs together the last 4 with me living in my

Hello.After 12 yrs together the last 4 with me living in my partners house we have decided to marry.Sorting out financial/inheritence issues seem over whelping. I am still paying a mortgage on my own house in which my daughter and son in law live with their 2 small children.I have an adult son -married who lives nearby.my partner has 4 children two of whom are adults two are n their teens.My partner has savings and has a very small mortgage.I don't want any of his money.we would keep separate bank accounts etc.It all seems so daunting sorting out these things.we need to see a solicitor but would this be straight forward to sort out!? Thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are planning to marry and have some assets, it would be sensible to meet with a local solicitor to draw out agreements and wills regarding this - the solicitor can sit down with you both and go through all assets and finances and advise regarding drawing up a will and a potential pre-nuptial agreement if that is sought.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.