13262538

I split from my Ex partner over 3 years ago and her and her

Good Morning,
I split from my Ex partner over 3 years ago and her and her new partner bought my out of the family home which in turn released my equity to enable me to purchase my own house this year. I have twin daughters aged 8 and I have been paying an agreed sum to my Ex since our split.
My Ex is now engaged (he has lived there for nearly 1.5 years) so I wanted to know if I still need to pay the full amount to my ex ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you mean will your child maintenance liability change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,Yes, I wanted to know if I still had to pay the same amount now that my Ex is living with her new partner in the ex family house. Also they are getting married next year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Have heard that if the Ex is living with a new partner and is providing, then I need not pay as much? However I do get on with my Ex and have access to my children every other weekend and sometimes in between so if its only a small reduction I'm not sure if its worth rocking the boat as we all get on well.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that your ex's position does not impact your child maintenance at all - she could marry a millionaire (or become one) and it would not change your liability.

Just to check - you should not be paying any more than 16% of your gross income - details here

http://www.nacsa.co.uk/index.php/cs3-calculations

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Thank you Clare.Just wanted to be sure.