13262538

My husband and I separated mutually 21 years ago, no-one

My husband and I separated mutually 21 years ago, no-one else was involved and he moved away from the area after he was legally given half the value of the house and i took out a new mortgage in my name only. Since then I have moved house it is in my name only as are all my household bills etc. We have remained in friendly contact with each other but he is living in rented accommodation with the possibility that he will need to go into a nursing home eventually. We didn,t ever do anything legally when we separated.Will I be expected to help with payments for the nursing home as he has no savings?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Since the property is held in your sole name there is no question of your having to contribute towards his Care Home fees

Please ask if you need further details