13262538

My name was put on my parent house with theirs before my

Hi ,
My name was put on my parent house with theirs before my mother died two years ago and if anything happened to my father that i was to share three ways between myself and my two brothers .
but now my father is in another relationship and she is due to move into his house , she is giving up her council property and selling her furnitue etc , where does this leave us with the house if he dies before her ? and will she be entitled to half of the property etc if they marry .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you know if you hold the property as Tenants in Common or as beneficial joint tenants?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Beneficial Joint tennant i think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a beneficial in their will at the moment but i suppose he could change that ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The best way forward would be to change the ownership to Tenant sin Common - so that you each own half of the property.

You will then be able to preserve your mother's half of the property and share it with your siblings when and if the time comes no matter what your father has chosen to do with his share

Please ask if you need further details