Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband has a 17 year old daughter who is due to go into

Customer Question

my husband has a 17 year old daughter who is due to go into her second year of sixth form. She is due to complete her second year of sixth form in May 2016 with exams following in June 2016. She is then likely to go to University away from home in September 2016. He currently pays maintenance to his ex wife which was agreed through the courts when they divorced 13 years ago the amount is £400 per month which was agreed to be paid up until his daughter reaches the age of 17 or until she finishes full time education. Can you let me know how long he is required to continue paying maintenance payments to his ex wifed will this continue whilst his daughter is away at University? His daughter is 18 in February 2016 and our understanding is that he can finish paying maintenance when his daughter reaches the age of 18 as she is then classed as an adult? Many thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If the order states until end of tertiary education it will continue until end of university. If it only states full-time education then it will end when she completes A-levels.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.