ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

What age does csa cease. What is the max age? What if the

What age does csa cease. What is the max age? What if the child aged18 is living as a. Couple at the same address
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- is your granddaughter currently in full time education? If so what type of course is it?

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but she is talking of doing a 12 course plus paid work and she has live in earning boyfriend

Thank you for your response.

Just a few more questions.

As your granddaughter is 18 and she is not currently a student - is she currently employed? If not - what is she doing? Did she finish A Levels recently?

Is your granddauhter still living with her mother? Is her partner living there also? or ar there living elsewhere together?

Kind Regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 hour cours. Usher has a levels. Has no wish to go to uni. Couple living with her mother

Thank you for your response.

Sorry to press - I just need to clarify so that I give you the right information - is she currently on the 12 hour course or thinking of applying for it? did she finish her a levels this year?

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this year. She may go on a course but wants to work as well. Her mother wants the allowance to continue. If she goes on the course and/or works when can the csa stop and where does her boyfriend figure in this.

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

The boyfriend wont count for the calcluation. The factors that the Child Maintenance Service will consider as to whether your son is still liable for maintenance are the age of his daughter and the type of education that she is in.

Child Maintenance through the CMS (new name for CSA) is only payable until a child reaches 16.

Child Maintenance can however continue pst 16 - up to the age of 20 - as long as the child is in Full Time Non Advanced education.

Full time normally means a course that is more than 12 hours. Non advanced means that it cannot be a univsersity course or NVQ's post level 3. You therefore need to find out the type of course she is considering.

If your granddaughter is not currently a student that your son's liability for Child Maintenace has ended.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Kind Regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Seems most unfair that she can play grown up on the back of my sons income

I do agree. Perhaps the mother is aware of the rules and playing this to her advantage. It is imprtant that your son contacts the child maintenance service and confirms that his daughter is not currently in education. He also needs to make sure that the details of any course are provided to him so the position can be checked.

Caroline